- About Us
- Projects & Programs
Argonne's Sustainability Workshop for Middle School Teachers
Thu, 07/12/2012 - Fri, 08/10/2012
Argonne’s mission is to lead the world in providing scientific and engineering solutions to the grand challenges of our time: sustainable energy, a healthy environment and a secure nation. In concert with the laboratory’s sustainable energy mission, the Sustainability Workshop for Middle School Teachers will have seminars by scientists, discussions, tours, hands-on activities, and group planning to grow the participant’s energy literacy and develop instructional materials for sustainability topics.
By the last day each teacher will have prepared a teaching unit (outline, lessons, artifacts) that they plan to use during the upcoming school year.
Topical areas include:
- The generation, distribution, storage, and utilization of current energy technologies.
- Understanding some of the road blocks, complexities, and indirect problems that alternative energy technologies face.
- Conserving energy resources in order to stabilize and/or reduce the effects of additional global warming or climate change.
- Conserving and adjusting material resources – water, soil, minerals, and clean air.
- Designing and planning our living space, land use, and transportation systems in an efficient, logical and esthetic manner.
For more information and to register online, follow this link:
The application deadline is extended to June 22, 2012